Businesses eligible in the ESU Business Accelerator must be early stage companies
- Organizational Stage (Start Up) – Company is producing no revenue and is less than 12 months old
- Early Stage - Company may have pre-revenue and has been in operation for 3 years or less. Companies in research and development mode may be more than 3 years old.
- Established “Spin-Off” Company – Revenue producing and established for more than 3 years. To be eligible in this category the business must be pivoting in a distinctly different direction.
Typically, Business Accelerator companies are represented within the following targeted Industries (NAICs) and demonstrate the ability to develop Intellectual Property (the development of technology) and/or proprietary development – (not just the use of technology).
- Advanced Materials/Diversified Manufacturing (AM/DM)
Not Allowable: crop production, coal mining, printing & publishing
- Life Sciences
- High Technology/Business Services
Not Allowable: media buying, agencies & brokers and insurance related activities, pension funds, financial investments, monetary authorities, employment services, banking
- 24/7 Secure Access
- Conference and Meeting Rooms
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Technology including computer labs with Microsoft and Adobe suites
- Mentorship from internal and external advisers
- Access to Student interns and Graduate assistants
- Training Workshops and Networking events
- A diverse cohort pool ideal for cross collaboration
- Access to funding resources across the Pennsylvania area