Summary: Faculty, staff, students, affiliated organization, contractors and the general public wishing to post signs, posters, banners or chalk on campus must adhere to the procedures identified below.
- When posting on bulletin boards, permission must be obtained from the university official in charge of the area in which the bulletin board is located.
- When posting on walls, doors, hallways and elevators, special permission must be obtained
- The Director of Facilities management for education and general buildings
- Director of Residence Life and Housing for residence halls
- Director of the University Center for the University Center
- Individual(s) displaying the signs or posters must remove them immediately after event termination date.
- All signs and posters should be placed so as not to block signs already existing.
- Signs and posters displayed on general bulletin boards may be removed periodically to create space for current signs.
- Electronic message boards and Listserv are strongly encouraged as an alternate for announcing commercial advertisements and solicitations.
- Any department or group desirous of placing outdoor signs must contact Campus Police, Facilities Management, Conference Services, University Police or, if applicable, the Office of Admission to arrange for their placement.
- Signs must be promptly removed at the end of a given event by Facilities Management, Conference Services, University Police or the Office of Admission, if applicable.
- Outdoor signs must be erected for temporary use, in either collapsible sign holders or using a metal frame or stake. Such signs must be created professionally and not hand written.
- Traffic (parking) or directional signs for an event or occasion, must be placed after approval from the Director of Parking or his/her designee. Visitors may only be directed to parking lots that have been approved for the event.
- Any outdoor signs not pre-approved will be promptly removed.
- Organizations or departments wishing to hang a banner for event announcements should
- Director of the University Center for the bridge connecting Stroud Hall and the University Center.
- Director of Dining Services for the entrance to Dansbury Commons.
- Once approved, the appropriate Director will place a work request for Facilities Management to arrange for the Banner to be hung.
- The cost and creation of the banner will be the responsibility of the sponsoring organization/department.
- Student groups interested in chalking sidewalks must obtain prior approval from the Director of Facilities Management, clearly indicating the area where chalking is intended
Electronic Sign Boards:
- Departments, groups or individuals are strongly encouraged to use electronic sign boards installed in buildings for publicizing events and other university-wide announcements.
- Departments, groups or individuals must obtain approval from the appropriate Vice President prior to contacting the Director of Web Services/Webmaster
- All approved requests should be made to the Director of Web Services/Webmaster ahead of the event to allow time for processing.
403 Normal Street
Chief of Police - (570) 422-3064
Parking & Transportation Manager - (570) 422-3127
161 Smith Street, Suite 100
Director of Facilities Management
Facilities Management Complex