The History Minor allows students in other majors with an interest in history to take a smaller number of history courses and obtain a credential.
The minor is an excellent way to supplement a major in the social sciences, humanities, business, or any other field that intersects with history. Students who minor in history gain the benefit of historical perspective on their major field of study and take courses that hone critical reading, writing, and analytical skills.
At least 18 hours (6 courses) in History
- 1 course in United States history
- 1 course in European history
- 1 course World or Non-Western history
- 9 hours (3 courses) must be at the 300/400 level
- Campus Address
- Stroud Hall
- (570) 422-3286
- (570) 422-3937 (Fax)
- Title of Department Leader
- Department Chair
- Don Dellipriscoli
- (570) 422-3234