Dining services at East Stroudsburg University are provided by Aramark, an outside vendor who specializes in healthy foods and a variety of choices for student dining. Currently the meal plans for the 2012-2013 academic year are:
Nineteen Meal Plan — ($1229.00 Fall 2012 & Spring 2013) †
- 19 meals per week plus Dining Dollars per semester. For those who like three meals a day, this offers you 19 all-you-can-eat meals served weekly: breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday, and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. The plan is supplemented with $200 in Dining Dollars.
Fifteen Meal Plan — ($1177.00 Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
- 15 meals per week plus Dining Dollars per semester. Ideal for those likely to wake-up-late and skip breakfast or have lot of night classes, and not have time for a sit down dinner. The plan is supplemented with $200 in Dining Dollars.
Ten Meal Plan — ($977.00 Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
- 10 meals per week plus Dining Dollars per semester. Designed for those likely to dine off campus on weekends, plus $200 in Dining Dollars.
The 75 Block — ($720.00 Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
- 75 meals a semester plan Dining Dollars per semester. This plan is not open to students living on campus with the exception of the University Apartments and is designed for students who spend most of their time off campus. Offers a choice of any 75 meals per semester, along with $200 Dining Dollars. (This plan is designed for students who spend most of their time off campus or supplement their dining with apartment cooking.)
The 175 Block — ($1125.00 Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
- 175 meals a semester plus Dining Dollars per semester. This plan is designed for those with a more erratic schedule. This plan allows students to choose from 175 meals per semester plus $200 Dining Dollars.
† Mon-Fri; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Sat & Sun; Brunch & Dinner
Dining Dollars: Each meal plan listed above includes $200.00 in "Dining" Dollars. Dining Dollars funds are attached to the meal plans as a declining-balance "debit" type account so that students have additional Dining Dollars funds to purchase single items such as coffee, pizza, and the like instead of purchasing or using a whole meal plan option. Meals and Dining Dollars are accessed by the students ID card. The card is scanned at all food service locations, including the main dining hall, Dansbury Commons, the Food Court located in the University Center, and Common Grounds, the coffee shop also located in the University Center.
If a student cancels a meal plan in the fall, dining dollars will be cancelled as well. The balance will be forfeited. Fall dining dollars will carry over to the spring only if the student keeps a meal plan. If the student decides to cancel the meal plan in the spring, they will lose all dining dollars.
Students who live off-campus, in University Apartments, or University Ridge, may choose from any plan listed above, or, they may just put funds on their "Dining" dollars.
Please note: Dining Dollars are restricted to food purchases. They can ONLY be used for food. They cannot be used for vending, laundry, or copying. Dining Dollars are often confused with "E Dollars." E Dollars are funds that are deposited at the University Card Center and are used as a declining-balance account for purchasing books, supplies, vending, copying, library services, etc. To deposit E Dollars, call or visit the University Campus Card Center located in University Center. For more information on the Campus Card and E Dollars, call 570-422-2273.
To add a meal plan to your account, access the link on your myESU portal or for your convenience you may also contact Dining Services at 570-422-3200. Meal plan changes can only be through the first two weeks into the semester.