Apply for Federal Aid
- Create an FSA ID for both student and a parent. Click the FSA ID icon, then select “Create an FSA ID Now”.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- While completing the FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to download income data.
Apply for State Aid
- Complete the Pennsylvania State Grant Form. Click “State Grant Program” under Funding Opportunities. Then click on “Apply/Renew Now”. The application deadline is May 1. (If you are not a Pennsylvania resident, please check with your state to see if you qualify for state aid that can be used at ESU.)
For First-Time Student Loan Borrowers who Accepted a Federal Direct Loan:
For Students who Accepted a Federal Work Study (FWS) Award
- Apply for student worker positions under “Finding a Student Job”
For Parents who want to Apply for a Parent PLUS Loan
- Visit Federal Student Aid website and click the “Parent Borrowers” icon.
- Click on “Apply for a PLUS Loan” and complete the application.
- Click on “Complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)” and follow the instructions.
For Students/Parents who want to make Monthly Payments
- Set up a payment plan with the Student Account Office on MyESU Portal by clicking the “Students” tab and selecting “Payment Plans” in the Student Billing Tools window.
For Students Expecting a Financial Aid Refund
- Sign up for Direct Deposit on MyESU Portal by clicking the “Students” tab and selecting “Setup Direct Deposit” in the Student Billing Tools window.
For Students who want to apply for a Private Alternative Loan
- Visit ELM Select to find and compare lenders and loans that match your need.