Use the timelines below to stay on track towards landing your dream career!
- Freshman Year: Explore & Discover
- Sophomore Year: Research & Choose
- Junior Year: Focus & Engage
- Senior Year: Apply & Achieve
Deciding on a career is a developmental process, and your college curriculum will impart many field-specific skills, but these must be complimented with other skills only gained through engagement on campus and in the community.
Employers want well rounded students that enhance their in-classroom education with key career-related experiences. With a solid foundation of self-assessment, you will be able to develop materials that represent you well, clearly describe your skills, and identify your accomplishments. The effectiveness of your resume, cover letters, personal branding, and interviews make a difference.
Goals of preparation:
- Strengthen your communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Develop an effective approach to resume and cover letter writing.
- Connect with former supervisors, coworkers, and project partners to establish references.
- Reconsider your approach to social media in order to establish personal brand consistency.