The Career Development Center partners with faculty and staff on the ESU campus to provide career assistance to students. Specifically, the Career Development Center offers students and alumni career counseling for career planning and job search assistance, conducts classroom presentations, and speaks to campus groups on career-related topics.
Presentations and Work Shops
Request PresentationCareer Advisors are available to give a variety of career focused presentations to your class. An example of the topics we can cover follow:
15-30 Minute Topics:
- Making the Most of Career Development Center
- Introduction to Social Media
30-60 Minute Minimum Topics:
- Career Development Center Services
- Oh the Things You Can Do - Career Exploration
- Writing a Resume that Works
- The 30 Second Commercial - Getting the Most Out of the Job Expo
- A-Z of the Job Search
- Acing the Interview
- Strategic Networking
- Getting What You Want...Offer, Evaluation & Negotiation
These topics can be tailored for your group and additional career-related topics are available. The length of the presentation will vary depending on your needs and how deep you would like the information (from a general overview to in-depth training).
You can easily request a presentation by completing the on-line form. You will then be contacted by a Career Development staff member to discuss your presentation needs. Please contact Daria Wielebinski at (570) 422-3282 if you have any additional questions.
How Can Staff and Faculty Get Involved
Partnering opportunities abound for interested staff and faculty. Please refer students and alumni to our office for assistance in addressing any career related needs. Help students connect with us by encouraging them to utilize our resources & participate in our events.
- Career coaching – invite students to use Kuderjourney for career exploration. Student Access Code: J4273296CGP
- Resume & cover letter reviews
- Interviewing skills – have students utilize our online mock interview and incorporate it into an assignment
- Career and internship fairs
- Graduate school – information and assistance with applications and essays
Resources to Assist Students
- First Year Guide
- Sophomore Guide
- Junior Guide
- Senior Guide
- Kuderjourney – career exploration and assessment
- What Can I Do with This Major?
The Career Development Center has an Advisory Council comprised of students, faculty, staff, academic advisors, and employers. This group of dedicated individuals meets two times a year. Each meeting is dedicated to the improvement of service to our two main client groups, ESU students, and employers. For more information about the council, and to express an interest in joining please contact Daria Wielebinski at email@example.com or call (570) 422-3219.
Employer Relations and Referrals
Help enrich student’s academic experiences by sharing employer and alumni contacts and job/internship listings specific to your department with Career Development.
We welcome your employer referrals! If you are contacted by agencies or businesses who would like to publish jobs/internships or recruit on campus, please feel free to refer them to Career Development. One of our primary goals is to work with employers and help them contact with students.