Applications to the Ed.D program are accepted in the year before a new cohort begins. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2021 cohort. The application process for this program is divided into two phases.
- Application Phase:
The Graduate College coordinates the application process for the Ed.D in Educational Leadership and Administration. All doctoral candidates must complete a Graduate School Application Packet including the following items:
- On-line Application
- Official Undergraduate Transcript(s)
- Official Graduate Transcript(s) – must include a minimum of a completed master’s degree
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Resume
- Professional Goals Statement
- Acceptance Phase:
The acceptance phase of the application process is competitive. As such, the Professional and Secondary Education Department (PSED) faculty will review each application and select candidates to participate in two additional screening activities:
- Interview at the ESU Lehigh Valley Campus in Bethlehem or through the Zoom videoconferencing software.
- Writing prompt submitted to the PSED department for their review by the date specified.
Upon completion of the application and acceptance phases, the Graduate Office will notify successful candidates of their admittance to the program. Doctoral students accepting the offer of admission will attend an orientation session in Summer 2021 prior to the start of coursework in Fall 2021.