East Stroudsburg University students, faculty, and staff return to campus for Spring 2022.
Please see the recent message from Interim President Kenneth Long, which is linked on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are classes being taught?
ESU is using the following instructional modalities for the 2022 spring semester:
- Face-to-face (F2F), Hybrid (HB), Multi-Modal (MM), Remote Synchronous (RS), Remote Asynchronous (RA), and Distance Education (DE). The instructional modality of each course is listed in Banner.
Masking is required of all employees and students when inside university buildings. Hybrid instruction is the combination of F2F classroom learning and online learning in which students are expected to attend instruction both in-person and online/virtual.
Courses with Multi-Modal (MM), Remote Synchronous (RS), Remote Asynchronous (RA), and Distance Education (DE) will not change modality as the semester progresses. Students should contact their faculty advisor or college dean with questions specific to their schedule and instructional modality.
In the event that CDC guidance or a Governor's order calls for stricter COVID-19 protocols, ESU may then have to revert to remote delivery of it courses during the spring semester, and that information would be communicated to ESU students, faculty, and staff via our official communication channels.
- Can I use my smartphone for remote and distance education (DE) classes?
Many students use their smartphones to participate in remote class sessions. Smartphones are not recommended as they are not compatible with all of ESU's online platforms.
Recommend Specifications for Student-owned Computers:
A computer with sufficient memory (RAM) and hard-drive space is recommended.
- Average model: for basic applications (word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, Internet access, educational software).
- High end model: for multi-media applications (3D modeling, video production, etc.). For the more advanced computer user.
Average High End Processor 7th / 8th generation
i5 3.8GHz - 4.5GHz
i9 4.8GHz - 5GHz
Memory 8GB 16GB - 32GB Hard Drive
(ssd recommended and preferred)
250 - 320GB 500GB - 1TB Screen Size 13" - 15.6" 15.6" and above
Access to computers will be available for local ESU students in the Kemp Library. Please check the Kemp Library website for hours and further information.
- If I don’t have a computer or internet in my home, what support is available?
- What is the travel status for University business?
Automobile travel for University business or to regional conferences has been reinstated. Travel via commercial carriers (plane, train, bus, etc.) remains suspended. We recognize that this decision continues to have major implications for students and faculty members who have planned travel to study or on behalf of ESU, especially cost implications associated with many of these plans.
The following links to important information may help new and current students.
We still understand that the threat of COVID is real. The safety of our campus and local community members remains a top priority.
- All members of the campus community (and visitors) will continue to be required to follow all CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health and State System guidelines.
- Wearing masks and remaining socially distant will be required.
- ESU will administer regular COVID testing.
We understand that students, parents and other members of our ESU community have questions about ESU's COVID-19 plans. Be assured that important campus information will be shared via ESU email (to students, faculty and staff), on this page and via social media.
- Campus Address
- 161 Smith Street, Suite 100
- (570) 422-3235
- Title of Department Leader
- Nathan Black
- Manager, Environmental, Health and Safety