E with J Scholars
Course: DMET 262
ESU students use iPads and books to tutor 3-5 grade students in an after school club.
Impact At A Glance
- “I used to be skeptical about technology with kindergarteners to third grade, but I have seen how it makes sense! I think technology in the classroom is very important and it is very useful.” (Student)
- “Before, I knew that kids liked technology. When using it for tutoring, though, I was taken aback by the enthusiasm the students exhibited about using the iPads.” (Student )
- Beth Rajan Sockman, Professor
To Our Students:
- Students learn hot to use technology and teach with technology in a small setting
- Students learn skills to engage their tutees and activate the creativity of their tutees
To Our Community:
- Local after school programs are engaged by allowing ESU students to tutor in the program known as the "E with J Scholars"
- Provides small interactive groups for elementary students