- Chemistry (B.A. and B.S.)
- Secondary Education Certification
- Chemical Biotechnology (B.S.)
- Biochemistry (B.S.)
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry provides high quality programs in both traditional and emerging fields of study which recognize and promote human and intellectual diversity.
The following undergraduate academic degree programs are offered:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biochemistry (accredited by the American Chemical Society)
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education/Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Biotechnology.
Thus, the department provides options for students whose interests may range from traditional chemistry fields which are either on the interface between chemistry and biology or that have a health–profession emphasis.
The Minor in Chemistry program allows students to receive recognition for completing a chemistry program short of a double major.
The Bachelor of Science Program in Chemistry is approved by the Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society. The Chemistry and Biochemistry Department is one of only seven departments within the State System of Higher Education to have achieved and maintained this prestigious certification.