CARE: The Campus Assessment Response and Evaluation Team is a cross-functional assessment group. The CARE team will respond to reports of students exhibiting apparent distressing behaviors. By partnering with members of the community, The CARE Team strives to promote individual student, faculty, and staff well-being and success.
Mission Statement: CARE advocates for the behavioral health and well-being of all University students, and provides holistic wellness assistance to those students who demonstrate a need for assistance with the management of their behavioral health, and their ability to function productively within the University community. The CARE Team is guided by the values of autonomy and shared responsibility, and provides support in the least intrusive manner.
Ethical Standard: The ethical standard for CARE is to provide private, respectful, proactive support, while offering resources and balancing the educational needs of students within the overall mission of East Stroudsburg University.
- To review information from faculty, staff, students, and/or community members, in order to assess and determine appropriate responses.
- To provide support to students displaying varying levels of disruptive, or distressed behaviors, in a timely manner.
- To follow-up and ensure that services, support, and resources are deployed effectively.
- To utilize a structured protocol for communication, review, and response.
- To adhere to FERPA, HIPAA confidentialities, and counselor privileges, while maintaining adherences to all professional counseling guidelines and all applicable federal, state and local laws.