Virtual Summer Social Networking Series
An opportunity to provide individuals with ASD socialization and recreational activities on a weekly basis for 25-30 minutes/session for 4weeks/session. All participants must be accompanied by an adult. Siblings are welcome. Each session will provide participants with a combination of the following craft, story, game, and/or time for independent socialization.
This event is currently grant funded and provided at no cost to families. Sessions are held through the ESU HIPPA compliant zoom account.
Each session will follow the following schedule, adjusting the meet the individualized needs/ages of the group:
- 5 minutes- Opening/Welcome/Calendar
- 5 minutes- Literacy Activity
- 5 minutes- Go Noodle
- 5 minutes- Theme based craft/Interactive Activity (ie show and tell, bingo)
- 5 minutes- Yoga
The following themes have been developed and will be modified and adapted to the developmental and age range of the group participants:
Session I- Bringing Kindness into the Community
|1||Rock on Kindness||Rock Painting|
|2||Have you filled your bucket?||Sand buckets|
|3||Kindness Starts with you||Show and Tell, something about me|
|4||Harry the Happy Mouse||Cards for Healthcare workers|
Session II- Mindful Me-Bring Proud of Being Me
|1||The Kind Ninja||Cool Shark|
|2||The Anxious Ninja||Ice Cream Cone|
|3||The Gritty Ninja||Bingo|
|4||Rge Perfect Ninja||Bug craft||Show and Tell, something about me|
- Increase social engagement of participants.
- Increase interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities related to a target population that benefits from expertise across many areas of expertise
- Increase opportunities for student mentorship and addition of academic programming possibilities
- Increase community outreach and involvement in an effort to expand ESU’s network of affiliates and enhance relationships and service affiliation across the region
- Campus Address
- 562 Independence Road, Suite 329
- (570) 422-7950
- Title of Department Leader
- Rachel Wolf, Ph.D.