Your Steps to Fall 2019 Enrollment
Have you made the decision that ESU is where YOU belong? The following information provides the essential details you need for a smooth start to your ESU education.
1) Accept Offer of Admission
To reserve your seat at ESU, submit your $300 new student enrollment fee as soon as you are sure you intend to enroll.
- Note: Early submission is recommended for priority course registration and optimal on-campus housing options. Visit the enrollment fee page to submit the fee. Need help? Visit instructions for enrollment step-by-step assistance.
Enrollment fee deadlines
- Fall 2019: May 1, 2019. (The fee is non-refundable after May 1.)
2) Activate Your ESU Email Account
Within a few days of submitting the enrollment fee, you will receive an email with information on how to set up a password for your ESU email account and instructions for setting up your myESU portal. Need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-3789.
3) Set Up MyESU - Your Dashboard to Remaining Checklist Items
MyESU is a single sign-on portal that helps you manage your University business by providing access to your education record and to multiple sources of campus information. Your user name is the portion of your ESU email that precedes the @ sign. (For example, if your email address is email@example.com, use ewarrior2.)
Need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-3789.
4) Course Registration
Transfer students may register for classes following payment of their $300 enrollment fee. Please know that academic advising and course registration is handled through your academic major department. Refer to myESU for your academic adviser contact. You can access this information on the Academic Profile tab in the myESU portal.
- Fall 2019: Beginning in March, students who have accepted their offer of admission must contact their academic department adviser or attend a Transfer Day to register for classes.
Need help in connecting with your academic adviser, or have questions concerning Transfer Days, please contact Joanne Gaita, Student Transition Counselor at email@example.com or (570) 422-2808.
Please Note: Plan to bring your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) with you when meeting with your academic adviser to schedule classes. If you have questions concerning your TCE or course equivalencies presented on your TCE, please contact the Transfer Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-2840.
5) Register for Transfer Days
Transfer Day is designed for transfer students who have been offered admission, and to ease your transition to ESU by providing an opportunity to register for classes and address any questions before classes begin.
- Fall 2019: Plan to attend a Transfer Day starting in March 2019. To schedule an individual Transfer Day appointment outside of the dates provided, please contact Joanne Gaite, Transition Counselor in the Transfer Center at 570-422-2808 or email@example.com.
For information, visit Transfer Days, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (570) 422-2840. If you wish to attend an Orientation for new ESU students, you may register via MyESU. For additional information, visit Orientation or call (570) 422-3542.
6) Apply for Campus Housing
If you are interested in campus housing, please complete an online housing application through the MyESU portal by the respective deadline dates.
- Fall 2019: Complete the housing application by June 1, 2019 to secure a room. Afterwards housing is subject to availability.
Need help? Visit Residence Life or call the Housing Office at (570) 422-3460.
7) Apply for Financial Aid
- Be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list ESU as your school of choice (our code is 0003320) fafsa.gov).
- The amount of Federal Direct loans offered to you is based on the number of transfer credits accepted by ESU. It is imperative that you forward your final college transcript to ESU as soon as it is available.
- Need help? Visit esu.edu/finaid or call (570) 422-2800.
FAFSA Priority Deadlines
- Fall 2019: March 18, 2019
8) Additional Information
- Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE): Transfer students offered admission with prior college credit will receive a TCE enclosed with their offer of admission packet and via email from the ESU Transfer Center. Questions concerning your TCE or transfer course equivalencies should be directed to the Transfer Center, located in the Student Enrollment Center. Need help? Call (570) 422-2840 or email email@example.com
- In-Progress College Courses: Please inform your ESU adviser of any in-progress courses you are currently taking, as well as any courses you intend to complete prior to enrolling at ESU. This will help your ESU adviser to avoid scheduling you for equivalent courses at ESU.
- Final College Transcript: Submit your official final transcripts from all colleges, including your final grades from your most recent semester of enrollment. Upon receipt, ESU will evaluate for additional transfer credit and post to your TCE and academic record.
- High School Transcript: A final official high school transcript with graduation date, or GED score report is required to complete your enrollment and secure Financial Aid. Please Note: An official final high school transcript is required of all students who are transferring without a conferred associate or bachelor's degree.
- Send official transcripts to: East Stroudsburg University, Office of Admissions, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
We look forward to seeing you at ESU!