Who is a Transfer Applicant
An ESU Transfer applicant is a person who has attempted 12 or more college credits following high school graduation. Individuals who have attempted fewer than 12 college credits at the time of application must apply as a freshman. ESU welcomes more than 800 transfer students from two and four year institutions each year.
Application Deadline Dates
- Fall 2018: March 1, 2018 (priority date), May 1 (regular admission), Rolling admission thereafter.
- Spring 2019: November 15, 2018. (Online applications will be available in July 2018.)
(We encourage you to apply early in the semester prior to your planned enrollment at ESU. Applications received after the priority deadline date will be considered on a space-available basis)
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Submit official transcript(s) directly from all college, university and post-secondary institutions currently and previously attended. (transcripts from foreign institutions must be translated by an approved evaluation agency. Please see How Credits Transfer.
- Submit your official high school transcript with graduation date or official GED score report from the state of issue as proof of graduation or the equivalent. (not required if transferring with a conferred associate or bachelor's degree).
*It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office of Admissions with the necessary documents (application form; fee; official transcripts) to complete their application. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information to complete the file is not received by the respective deadline date.
Transcript Mailing Address: Send your official transcripts directly to:
Office of Admissions
East Stroudsburg University
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Notification of Admission Status
- Applicants will receive communication via the email address provided on the application throughout the admission process.
- Applicants can check their application status online using your Login ID and PIN provided for real-time updates.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in September, and applicants are typically notified within three weeks after their file is complete, but no sooner than September 1st for spring admission and January 1st for fall admission. Nursing applicants are considered for fall admission only, and are typically notified in late-May.
Students Offered Admission Planning to Enroll
- Must submit a $300 Enrollment Fee to confirm their intention to enroll at ESU.
- Once the Enrollment Fee is submitted, you will receive email communication to set up your ESU email account, and instructions to access your 'myESU' portal. The 'myESU' portal will provide additional enrollment information concerning your academic adviser contact for course registration, new student orientation, campus housing, and information from other ESU offices.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Applicants offered admission receive an official preliminary transfer credit evaluation (TCE) from the Transfer Center within seven to 10 business days following their offer of admission.
- A final official transfer credit evaluation will be completed upon receipt of your official transcripts for coursework in-progress at the time of admission. Check to see How Credits Transfer to ESU.
We look forward to reviewing your application to ESU!