The Department of Homeland Security requires that F-1 students complete a "school transfer" when changing to a new institution.
What YOU need to do BEFORE you come to ESU!
- Notify your international student advisor at your current school of your intention to transfer to ESU.
- Schedule a release date with your current international student advisor for your SEVIS record to be transferred to ESU.
- Your ESU Form I-20 cannot be issued until after this release date has been reached.
- Complete the F-1 Transfer Information Form and submit it to the Office of International Programs as soon as possible.
- Complete our Application for a Form I-20 and submit it with all required documentation to the Office of International Programs by mail or fax.
What YOU need to do AFTER you arrive at ESU!
- Attend mandatory orientation
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to select your courses
- Report to the Office of International Programs immediately after meeting with your advisor
Make photocopies of the following documents and bring the original documents with you:
- Course Registration Form
- Passport ID pages
- F-1 and all other U.S. visas
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
- ESU Form I-20 (if it was sent to you to travel)
- I-20s from all other schools you have attended in the U.S.
Important: You will not be allowed to register for classes until you have been cleared by the Office of International Programs. We will not clear you without all the documents indicated above.
- Return to the Office of International Programs to pick up your new ESU Form I-20 as instructed at Orientation.
- Protect your legal documents. Make photocopies of them. Never destroy any I20s and keep them in a safe place.