Other Graduate Programs
- All M.Ed. Tracks
- Secondary Teacher Certification
- Online Endorsement
- Leadership & Administration Ed.D
Learning Today to Lead Tomorrow
Track - M.Ed. in Professional Education: This flexible track allows you to customize your program. Courses are both in-person and online. Students interested in this option may have completed post-bac teacher certification, are interested in the Online Program Endorsement courses, or want flexibility to take the courses of interest to facilitate advancement.
Program Completion Requirements: Course completion with minimum 3.0 QPA; Completed Plan of Study filed with the Graduate Office; Pass Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio review; apply for graduation and degree is conferred. See your advisor for clarification and updated changes for program clarification.
Major Steps in the Process
- APPLY: Apply to the Graduate Program in Professional and Secondary Education, and if you can, identify your track. If you are unsure at this time, your track can be determined later with discussion with your advisor.
- START: Once you are accepted into the program, complete a couple of core courses or contact a PSED advisor to discuss your career goals.
- Plan of Study: After taking 6-9 credits, meet with your advisor to determine the courses that align to your career goals. The plan of study will be signed by you, the graduate coordinator, department chair, and graduate director. Your signed Plan of Study will be sent by email. Please retain the Plan of Study for your records.
- Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio: While you are completing your courses, gather artifacts, read and write reflections for your comprehensive assessment portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to highlight your unique professional perspectives. You will present your portfolio the last semester of your program. Please review the full document, and ask if you have questions: Comprehensive Assessment Policy and Protocol Manual.
- Complete Courses on your Plan of Study or work with your advisor to make modifications.
- Finishing Up - Last Semester:
- Apply for Graduation the beginning of your last semester.
- Present your Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio: This is a time to display and describe your learning, reflection on your professional experiences and readings. Send an email to PSED Secretary, Ms. Carolyn Cooper Chambliss, email@example.com to determine presentation times. You will present in the last half of the semester.