The M.S. in Management and Leadership train’s students to apply leadership models and theories to actual professional practice, empowers them to set and achieve organizational goals, enables them to manage in a dynamic and technology driven economic environment and achieve business excellence, value human diversity, effect change, and demonstrate social responsibility.
What Distinguishes ESU's Public Administration Program?
Combining coursework from business management and political science, faculty offer both theoretical and practical approaches to the challenges of supervision and directing government activities and policies in areas such as health, education, finance, labor, justice and international relations. The program focuses on enhancing management skills and decision-making abilities as well as providing specific knowledge of organizational behavior, leadership and strategy
The Public Administration concentration in the Master of Science Degree in Management and Leadership prepares Graduates to be leaders in the public sector.
Do you want to make a difference in our complex world?
- Are you a professional on track for a significant leadership position?
- Are you a strategic thinker who wants to gain a broad interdisciplinary perspective on the issues facing the public sector so you can create and manage solutions?
Graduates of our program have a choice of a wide range of career opportunities such as employment in areas such as:
- CIA/FBI Analyst or Agent
- Budget Analyst
- Customs Officer
- Industrial Relations
- Labor-Management Relations
- Corporate Manager
- Personnel Administrator
- Public Affairs Research Analyst
- Urban and Regional Policy Planner
We also offer students a number of excellent internship opportunities to gain hands on experience to help them reach their career goals such as:
- The Washington Center – Semester or summer long integrated academic and work experience in government, corporate and nonprofit organizations. Each internship is tailored to provide meaningful work experiences that will enhance resumes and will help launch careers.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives Legislative Office of Research Liaison Internship (LORL) – Field-learning experiences for the integration of students’ classroom theory and practice in the real world.
- The Harrisburg Internship Semester – An opportunity to apply academic experiences and knowledge to the challenges of managing the business of government while earning a salary and receiving academic credit.
- County, Borough and Township offices – Work with a variety of municipal and county employees or elected officials.
- United Way –Help the United Way advance the common good by focusing on the three key building blocks of education, health and income.
- Pocono Alliance – A local agency that provides resources to the community by building relationships and creating solutions.
- Family Promise – Get involved with an organization that is committed to helping low-income families nationwide to achieve lasting independence.
- Monroe County Habitat for Humanity – Help an organization dedicated to assisting people in acquiring decent housing.
Candidates for the M.S. in management and leadership in public administration must hold a bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record and demonstrate strong analytical and writing skills. For more information, contact graduate studies at (570) 422-3536 or visit www.esu.edu/graduate.