A limited number of Graduate Assistantships and Graduate Worker positions are available within the Department of Biological Sciences. Biology graduate students can also apply for advertised assistantships and positions from other ESU departments and offices. The application for a Graduate Assistantship or a Graduate Worker position is separate from the graduate admission application.
Many faculty advisors also provide Graduate Assistantships to support graduate students who are working on grant-funded research. Please see individual faculty members for information on these assistantships.
- Awarded on a competitive basis
- Provide up to two years (4 semesters) of support
- Include a tuition waiver for in-state tuition
- Provide a stipend of $2500.00/semester for 20 work hours per week
- Student must be enrolled in at least 9 credit hours each semester
- Student must have a 3.0 GPA and no more than one grade lower than a B
- Provide up to 2 years (4 semesters) of support*
- Do not provide for tuition remission
- Student must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours each semester