Graduate MS in Athletic Training – Professional Practice program – Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a sound evidence-based approach/understanding to (1) injury prevention and health promotion, (2) psychosocial strategies and (3) healthcare administration principles for best practice.
- Demonstrate a sound evidence-based approach/understanding to (1) orthopedic clinical examination and diagnosis, (2) acute care of injuries and illnesses, and (3) therapeutic interventions for best practice.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional and ethical behavior in relation to the NATA Code of Ethics, BOC® Standards of Professional Practice and state regulations and statutes
- Demonstrate, through a variety of clinical education experiences, athletic training knowledge, skills and clinical abilities that progresses the student towards autonomous practice.
- Complete the eligibility requirements for the Board of Certification (BOC®) for Athletic Trainers.
- Demonstrate preparedness to become competent, marketable and highly effective health care providers who practice in the athletic training profession.