Students are required to meet with their academic advisor or success coach at least once per semester. Students in the Freshman Success Program (FSP) are expected to meet with their advisor at least twice per semester.
Exploratory Studies Staff expect that students to come to appointments:
- On time
- With their completed homework
- Prepared to discuss goals, explore major/minor options, address academic problems or concerns, and make decisions about course options for the upcoming semester
Mandatory Advising / Coaching:
- Students are required to attend a mandatory advising appointment before they can register.
- Once the advising session is completed, the student will receive a pin number which allows the student to register.
Advising / Coaching Appointments:
- Students must use Wfish as the online appointment making system to schedule appointments.
- Access the Wfish is on the university landing page.
- If a student cannot attend an appointment, they should cancel it at least two hours beforehand.
Preparing for Your Semester Advising & Coaching Appointment
The advising /coaching process works best when you are prepared ahead of time. Before you attend your appointment, please consult the steps below.
- Complete the Academic Advising Homework (PDF) as you prepare for your appointment.
- Be prepared to discuss course options, address academic problems or concerns, make decisions about the upcoming semester, and explore major/minor options.
- Review your degree audit in DegreeWorks.
- Review the course requirements for majors in which you might be interested.
- Make a list of potential courses for the next semester you are interested in taking.
- Make sure you arrive for your appointment on time.
- Turn off your cell phone or place it on silent during your appointment.