Featured Events is a prominent section of the ESU homepage that promotes events open to the public. "ESU in the Community" is a weekly newsletter that promotes ESU news and events to 1,500+ parents and community members. Its "Upcoming Events" section promotes events that are open to the public.
University Relations selects individual events to feature on the ESU Homepage and the "ESU in the Community" newsletter from those that meet the requirements below. Please be aware that due to additional considerations for each platform, not all events meeting the requirements are featured.
Requirements for both ESU Homepage Featured Events and "ESU in the Community" Upcoming Events
- The event must be open to the public and listed on the Master Calendar's "Community" calendar. See Master Calendar requirements.
- The listing must include an appropriate image. See Master Calendar requirements.
- The description should include any details necessary for a member of the public to understand the event. Keep in mind that acronyms or abbreviations for ESU departments/clubs may not be understood.
- The calendar listing must be complete at least two weeks before the event.
Additional Requirements for “ESU in the Community: Upcoming Events”
- The description promoting the event must be at least 60 words, not including title, date/time, location and contact information.