- Procedure Title: Posting & Chalking
- Policy Number: ESU-AF-2015-001-A
- Effective Date: April 23, 2015
- Review Date: April 23, 2015, September 12, 2016
- Division: Administration & Finance
- Responsible Office: Facilities Management
Faculty, staff, students, affiliated organization, contractors and general public wishing to post signs, posters, banners or chalk on campus must adhere to the procedures identified below.
- When posting on bulletin boards, permission must be obtained from the university official in charge of the area in which the bulletin board is located.
- When posting on walls, doors, hallways and elevators, special permission must be obtained from:
- The Director of Facilities Management for Education and General Buildings.
- Director of Residence Life and Housing for residence halls.
- Director of the University Center for the University Center.
- Individual(s) displaying the signs or posters must remove them immediately after event termination date.
- All signs and posters should be placed so as not to block signs already existing.
- Signs and posters displayed on general bulletin boards may be removed periodically to create space for current signs.
- Electronic message boards and Listserv are strongly encouraged as an alternate for announcing commercial advertisements and solicitations.
- Any department or group desirous of placing outdoor signs must contact Facilities Management, Conference Services, University Police or, if applicable, the Office of Admissions to arrange for their placement.
- Signs must be promptly removed at the end of a given event by Facilities Management, Conference Services, University Police or the Office of Admissions, as applicable.
- Outdoor signs must be erected for temporary use, in either collapsible sign holders or using a metal frame or stake. Such signs must be created professionally and not hand written.
- Traffic (parking) or directional signs for an event or occasion, must be placed after approval from the Director of Parking or his/her designee. Visitors may only be directed to parking lots that have been approved for the event.
- Any outdoor signs not pre-approved will be promptly removed.
- Organizations or departments wishing to hang a banner may submit requests through the Virtual EMS system. Placement space is on a first come, first serve basis with priority given to student organizations and/or university wide events.
- Banners must be approved in advance by:
- Assistant to the Athletic Director approves the Athletic Fields
- University Center Reservation Supervisor approves the following areas: University Center Balcony, Stroud Bridge, Dansbury Commons, and the Mattioli Recreation Center.
- Once approved, the approving department will place a work request for Facilities Management to arrange for the Banner to be hung and removed by specific dates.
- The cost and creation of the banner will be the responsibility of the sponsoring organization/department.
- Student groups interested in chalking sidewalks must obtain prior approval from the Director of Facilities Management , clearly indicating the area where chalking is intended.
Electronic Sign Boards:
- Departments, groups or individuals are strongly encouraged to use electronic sign boards installed in buildings for publicizing events and other university wide-announcements.
- Departments, groups or individuals must obtain approval from the appropriate Vice President prior to contacting the Director of Web Services/Webmaster
- All such requests should be made to the Director Web Services/Webmaster ahead of the event, to allow time for processing.
Other Related Information:
96 Normal Street
|Director of Facilities Management
Facilities Management Complex
|Director of University Center
|Director of Web Services/Webmaster
Stroud Hall #307A
|Assistant to the Athletic Director
Koehler Fieldhouse #16