- Procedure Title: Facility Use and Scheduling
- Policy Number: EDE-2017-001
- Effective Date: Fall, 2013
- Review Date:
- Division: Economic Development and Entrepreneurship
- Responsible Office: Conference Services
All groups and individuals should follow the University policies and procedures for using university facilities. These procedures apply to faculty, staff, students, affiliate and external organizations.
- Facility Usage Fees are established by the University and reviewed annually.
- Ancillary Fees are additional fees that cover labor/grounds/custodial, audio visual, site manager and administrative costs, etc.
- Waived Fees may be applied to University and Sponsored programs and events. To request a waiver complete the Conference Service Fee Waiver Form.
- Food Service Fees for all requests are applied by the authorized University food service provider unless a waiver is approved. To request a waiver, contact Aramark, ESU Dining
- Other Fees include the cost of damages and or excessive clean-up
University Programs and Events: University departments, colleges, administrative offices, student organizations and affiliates utilizing facilities for programs and events may be charged Ancillary and Other Fees.
Sponsored Events: Sponsored Events may be eligible for waived fees. These events may also be charged Ancillary and Other Fees.
External Events: External Events will be charged Facility Usage Fees and Ancillary Fees, and may be charged Other Fees.
All groups and individuals should follow the University policies and procedures for scheduling available university facilities for extracurricular events through the Virtual EMS system. Academic classes must be scheduled through the registrar's office and take precedence over all extracurricular events. These procedures apply to faculty, staff, students, affiliates and external organizations.
University Programs and Events: Refer to the ESU Event Planning Checklist which provides an outline for a success event. esu.edu/eventplanning
- The Virtual EMS system, accessed at www.esu.edu/vems, allows users to schedule facilities for events and programs. Faculty/staff and student schedulers should log in using their University username and password. Once logged in, click on the Reservation Tab and complete the online form. Submit your request. Conference Services will confirm your reservation or assist you in selecting the best option for your event.
- The Virtual EMS system also allows you to request set-up support including audio visual, catering, custodial and furniture set-ups. Please provide as much information as possible to assure a successful event. The work orders for set-up; audio visual, custodial and furniture are prepared and submitted by Conference Services.
- Cancellation of facility reservations should be made at least 24 hours prior to the event.
Sponsored Events: ESU sponsored events should be scheduled through the Virtual EMS system.
External Events: Events sponsored by external groups should contact the Office of Conference Services for scheduling.
EVENT CALENDAR PROCEDURES
The East Stroudsburg University Event Calendar lists those events that are sponsored by ESU departments, colleges, affiliates, units, and student organizations that are held on or off campus.
Event Submission Requirements
- The Office of Conference Services and University Relations reserve the right to delete and/or edit events that do not meet appropriate criteria or University policies and procedures.
- Event information should be submitted at least six weeks prior to the event including: event name, date, time, location, description, sponsor, contact information, website link, photos and/or graphics.
- Events open to the public may be promoted on the ESU home page and/or the weekly ESU in the Community Newsletter. These events should include:
- a description of at least sixty words (not including date & time)
- an image or photograph
Image and Photograph Guidelines
- Images may include: photographs of speakers, photos from past events, print-quality posters, screenshots of films, poster/DVD covers, etc. The Office of Conference Services and University Relations reserve the right to remove photos that may be considered offensive or inappropriate. Submit only images that ESU may use without violation of applicable copyright laws.
- Photo/Image specifications:
- Maximum file size: 2MB
- Acceptable image and document file types include: .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg, .gif, and .png .jpeg (.jpeg) is preferred.
- Email all images to email@example.com and include the title and date of the event.
Other Related Information:
Office of Conference Services, firstname.lastname@example.org , 570-422-3061