- Welcome your advisees back to campus and remind them of important dates as well as how and when you want them to contact you.
- Attend Department Welcome Meeting for Freshmen & Transfer students
- Students may add or drop classes within the first week of the semester: Check the Academic Calendar and learn the dates for the current semester's add-drop period.
- You may want to check in with advisees in their final semesters— make sure they don't have any outstanding requirements and remind them to submit the Intent to Graduate form.
Advising Pins And Registration Dates Available (Week 6)
- Advisors will receive "Advising PIN Information" email from Enrollment Services with instructions for retrieving Advisee PIN numbers as well as Registration dates.
- Registration dates appear on myESU portal.
Encourage Students to Make Appointments
- Priority registration begins during the ninth week of the semester.
- You should make sure students know how to contact you to set up appointments.
Meet with Students and give them pin numbers.
- One-two weeks before their registration dates, your advisees should be meeting with you.
Discuss Upcoming Semester Classes
- Students can change their schedules through Add/Drop week of the next semester.
- Make sure they know they can speak with you to discuss options if they cannot get the classes they need or if other changes occur that may affect their academic plans.