Clear Path Scholarships for Community College Transfer Students
In the largest single grant ever awarded to ESU, the National Science Foundation (NSF) awarded $4 million to help transfer students complete their education at ESU. The five-year grant for the project Clear Path provides scholarships for about 120 students who start their education at community colleges and transfer to ESU for bachelor’s degrees in such fields as biochemistry, physics, computer science and mathematics.
- Increase college degree completion among community college STEM* transfers to ESU.
- Establish a Clear Path - Increase communication and curriculum coordination among ESU and area community colleges.
- Provide scholarship money and additional support for community college STEM transfers.
Clear Path Scholars:
- Will be selected from STEM applicants transferring to ESU from community colleges.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Will be awarded a maximum of $10,000 a year in scholarships for their junior and senior year.
- Will attend Clear Path Scholar Seminars four times a year.
- Will participate in other Clear Path social and support events.
- Will be assigned a peer mentor who will help guide them on their path towards their bachelor's degree.
- Will have no-cost tutoring available for STEM classes.
*Eligible majors: biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, computer security, environmental studies, marine science, mathematics, physics--secondary education concentrations are not eligible.