The ACE Scholarship rewards students for their previous academic accomplishments and provides ongoing recognition of their continued academic success and progression toward their college degrees.
A renewable four-year award for undergraduates, the ACE Scholarship is provided in the form of a grant applicable only to tuition. The four-year value of the ACE Scholarship is currently $29,968. For the 2017-2018 academic year, the value of the ACE Scholarship is $7,492 ($3,746 per semester).
Entering students who meet all of the requirements determined by the Office of Admissions (below) will automatically be offered the ACE Scholarship following their offer of admission. A completed application for admission also serves as an application for the ACE Scholarship.
Incoming out-of-state freshmen and transfer students are eligible for the ACE Scholarship if they are United States citizens or permanent resident aliens and meet the following academic requirements:
- Be an out-of-state student for tuition purposes.
- Rank in the top 25% of their graduating high school class OR have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.20 or higher in a college-preparatory curriculum; and
- Have a minimum combined SAT1 score of 1100 (Math and Critical Reading) OR a minimum ACT composite score of 24.
- Present a final official high school transcript which confirms the required GPA or class rank listed above.
Transfer students must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher at all prior colleges and universities attended as re-calculated by the ESU Office of Admissions; and
- Have a minimum of 30 transferable credits.
- Present final and official college and university transcripts which confirm the required number of transferable credits and cumulative GPA listed above
Transfer students with fewer than 30 transferable credits may, upon request, be evaluated using the freshman criteria listed above.
The ACE Scholarship shall remain in effect for up to four years (eight semesters of enrollment) provided that the student meets the following renewal requirements:
- Is in good standing with the university
- Has successfully completed a minimum of 24 credits per academic year and
- Maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or above at the end of each academic year.
In the event that an ACE Scholarship recipient fails to meet the renewal criteria, the scholarship will be forfeited until such time as they again meet the renewal criteria.
Students who receive an ACE Scholarship are not also eligible to receive the STEM scholarship, the Students First Tuition Scholarship or The Out-of-State Tuition Award programs during the same academic year.
Please note: This scholarship is officially awarded upon receipt of your final, official transcript (with graduation date, if applicable) to verify that all criteria have been met. You will see a reduced tuition rate on your bill. There are no cash transactions as part of this scholarship. Room, board, fees, and books are not included with this scholarship. Students who receive the ACE Scholarship must be enrolled as full-time ESU students.