If you wish to receive Act 48 hours for the credit-bearing coursework taken through East Stroudsburg University (either on campus or off campus), simply complete the steps below:
- Visit www.act48hours.com
- Click on Professional Educator
- Click on Register (If you are a first time user of www.act48hours.com) or click on Log On (if you have used www.act48hours.com before). First time users will be asked to establish a password that you will use for future access. If you have already created a log-in, but have forgotten your password, follow the "Forgot your password?" links for help.
- Click on Request Submission of Credits/Hours
- Enter the requested information and click Submit
Note: Be sure to select East Stroudsburg University as the provider. Please enter each course individually.
What happens next?
- The information you enter is submitted via this database and will be reviewed by an ESU representative for verification. Please note that grades can only be verified at the end of the academic semester in which the course was taken.
- Once the Act 48 information has been verified by ESU, your hours/credits are sent to the PA Department of Education Records Management Site for final state approval. Please allow approximately six weeks for the entire review to take place.
- You may check on your Act 48 progress by visiting the Pennsylvania Department of Education Website and entering your Professional Personal ID number (there is a search function on the PDE website if you have misplaced your PID number).
If you participate in a pre-approved ESU workshop for ACT 48 hours, information will be collected from you at the workshop and ESU will submit the hours on your behalf to the PA Department of Education.
Have questions or need more information, contact:
Jennifer A. Serowick, Director of Extended Learning