About the Program:
- The Recreation Services Management degree program can prepare you for a variety of career paths. Faculty provide students with knowledge and skills needed for entry into the work force. Input from the program's Advisory Council, which is comprised of expert practitioners in the Pocono region, ensures that the changing needs in our contemporary work force are reflected in the program's curriculum.
- Recreation Services Management professionals work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and needs. To succeed in this dynamic field one should enjoy working with people, have excellent organization and planning skills, possess initiative, and understand the importance of high quality service.
- Our Bachelor of Science degree program was established in 1978.
- The program was first accredited in 1983 by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). We are one of 80 nationally accredited programs in the country.
- Students graduating from the program are immediately eligible to sit for the examination to become a Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP), which is a professional certification program of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA).
- Our program is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Parks, Recreation and Tourism (COAPRT) and Related Professions, the accrediting unit of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA).
- COAPRT recognizes academic programs that meet specific educational criteria, and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).