Art + Design: Create, Integrate, Innovate
If you are interested in a career in graphic design, concept art, illustration, package design, virtual environments, animation, web design, or 3D object/product design, the B.A. in Art + Design, Design concentration lays the foundation and develops the skills for all those futures.
If you want to develop your creative expression in traditional art media or integrate new media into your artistic vision, the B.A. in Art + Design, Fine Art concentration will get you there.
If you love art and history and want to deepen your understanding of the meaning, and relevance of art and architecture through the ages within their social, political and historical contexts, the B.A. in Art + Design, Art History concentration is for you.
The B.A. in Art + Design program will unlock your creativity, stimulate innovation, develop critical thinking and research skills. A common foundation rooted in art, design and art history prepare you for success in your area of concentration: Design, Fine Art or Art History.
The Art + Design Department has:
- Small class sizes
- Up to date creative technology
- Open studio environment
- Caring, mentoring faculty
Excellent facilities include:
- Design studio with computers loaded with industry standard design software
- 3D printing/additive manufacturing lab with several types of 3D printers, CNC equipment, laptop and desktop computer lab with up to date design software
- Madelon Powers Art Gallery
- New Mind Student Design Agency where you will work on design solutions for real world clients
For a look at our student work and information on our program, facilities and activities, click here